Children & Teen Yoga - NEW!
LAYD is so pleased to be adding Children & Teen Yoga to the weekly timetable. I am embarking on further training with YogaBeez to gain the Yoga Alliance 95hr Children & Teen Yoga Teacher qualification, due to be fully completed in October 2020. I am incredibly excited to bring Yoga & mindfulness to the younger generation, as after all it doesn’t feel that long ago since I was a teenager myself! I aim to be the person I wish I had known when going through those crucial development years.
*TEEN YOGA CIRCLE – NEW AUTUMN TERM DATES*
Every Tuesday at 5-5:45pm
15th September – 15th December (no classes 26th October – 9th November)
The Yoga Room, The Fitness Collective, MK40 1AH
Drop in – £7
6 Week Block (15th Sept – 20th Oct) – £40
6 Week Block (10th Nov – 15th Dec) – £40
12 Week Block – £72
- All parents will be asked to fill in an online health & safety form on behalf of their child prior to booking, this is standard practice.
- Please ensure your child arrives at least 5 minutes early.
- Please consider dropping off your child rather than coming in to the building, however if its your first time visiting the space, you are able to come in to make sure your child is settled.
- Hand sanitiser is provided and all visitors must use this or the hand washing facilities upon entering and exiting the studio.
- If your child has their own mat, please do bring this along, however you are still able to borrow equipment which is disinfected after each use.
- Mats will be laid out ensuring there is adequate distance between all participants.
- All venues I teach at are regularly deep cleaned and I myself will see to the cleaning of mats, door handles, blocks etc.
- If your teen starts to show symptoms, please refrain from bringing them to the class. - For the time-being, no cash is being accepted, therefore all payments must be received prior to the session.
Yoga and mindfulness can be incredibly beneficial to children and teens as they go through the various stages of social, emotional and physical development.
- Improve fitness and physical health
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve optimism
- Improve focus and school performance
- Improve self-esteem and body image
- Encourage creativity
- Develop discipline and self-regulation
Looking back at my own teenage years, I know for certain Yoga would have helped me understand the changes I was going through and the anxiety I suffered. And in the year of 2020 with the Covid-19 pandemic, children and teens need that extra support now more than ever.
I am also very much hoping to provide for younger ones with particular needs, ensuring they included and treated with the same respect, dignity and compassion. My classes are inclusive to all however if you have specific concerns please feel free to get in touch.
I’ll be reaching out to schools in due course, but if you are interested and would like me to come to your school, feel free to get in touch.