Children & Teen Yoga!
During these uncertain times, I am following the British Wheel of Yoga's advice closely, as they are the national governing body for yoga in England, and I am keeping up to date on all government announcements. In light of this, I have listed what measures I have implemented to ensure the safety of you and your children.
- All parents will be asked to fill in an online health & safety form on behalf of their child prior to booking, this is standard practice.
- Please ensure your child arrives no more than 5 minutes early.
- Please consider dropping off your child rather than coming in to the building, however if its your first time visiting the space, you are able to come in to make sure your child is settled.
- Hand sanitiser is provided and all visitors must use this or the hand washing facilities upon entering and exiting the studio.
- If your child has their own mat, please do bring this along, however you are still able to borrow equipment which is disinfected after each use.
- Mats will be laid out ensuring there is adequate distance between all participants.
- All venues I teach at are regularly deep cleaned and I myself will see to the cleaning of mats, door handles, blocks etc.
- If your teen starts to show symptoms, please refrain from bringing them to the class.
- For the time-being, no cash is being accepted, therefore all payments must be received prior to the session.
In the case of a national lockdown or further tier restrictions, classes will be moved online through Microsoft Teams, details of which will be communicated directly to the parents.
*TEEN YOGA CIRCLE – NEW AUTUMN TERM DATES & FREE TASTER SESSION*
Every Tuesday during the Autumn Term, teenagers aged between 11-18 are invited to The Yoga Room for 45 minutes of Yoga and mindfulness, encouraging a safe, fun environment away from school stress, promoting creativity, optimism and self-esteem.
Join the FREE taster session on the 24th August 5-5:45pm at The Yoga Room, limited spaces are available so pre-booking is essential, please email email@example.com to book.
Yoga and mindfulness can be incredibly beneficial to children and teens as they go through the various stages of social, emotional and physical development. The weekly Yoga classes will help to:
- Improve fitness and physical health
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve optimism
- Improve focus and school performance
- Improve self-esteem and body image
- Encourage creativity
- Develop discipline and self-regulation
I strive to provide our teens with the support and understanding we all wish we had at that young age. My classes are inclusive to all however if you have specific concerns please feel free to get in touch.
As of January 2021, LAYD is looking forward to be providing Family Yoga sessions. One thing I think we all enjoyed the most of about 2020 was the chance to spend more time with family and reconnect with one another. As up until now, there haven’t been many opportunities for families to connect where one isn’t watching TV, on the phone or busy at work or school, and even when we do have a moment together, it isn’t always easy to decide how to spend it! Yoga is beneficial for all ages and the sessions are able to be tailored to suit your schedule and needs.
Through the Family Yoga sessions, LAYD will help to:
- Strengthen the family bond, on an emotional, physical and spiritual level.
- Create a sense of support within the family.
- Encourage parents to play and inspire creativity among the family members.
- Allow everyone to learn something new, demonstrating that parents are not in fact perfect with endless time, money or resources, bringing in a humanising quality to the parents, releasing them of expectations from the child.
- Allow families to relax together.
£40 per session (youngest child must be at least 2 years old)