Children & Teen Yoga!
LAYD is so pleased to be adding Children & Teen Yoga to the weekly timetable following on from successful further training with YogaBeez to gain the Yoga Alliance 95hr Children & Teen Yoga Teacher qualification. I am incredibly excited to bring Yoga & mindfulness to those younger, as after all it doesn’t feel that long ago since I was a teenager myself! I aim to be the person I wish I had known when going through those crucial development years.
*TEEN YOGA CIRCLE – NEW SPRING TERM DATES*
Every Tuesday at 5-5:45pm
5th January – 30th March (no classes 15th Feb – 19th Feb)
The Yoga Room, The Fitness Collective, MK40 1AH/Online through Microsoft Teams
Drop in – £7.50
6 Week Block (5th Jan – 9th Feb) – £40
6 Week Block (23rd Feb – 30th Mar) – £40
12 Week Block – £75
- All parents will be asked to fill in an online health & safety form on behalf of their child prior to booking, this is standard practice.
- Please ensure your child arrives no more than 5 minutes early.
- Please consider dropping off your child rather than coming in to the building, however if its your first time visiting the space, you are able to come in to make sure your child is settled.
- Hand sanitiser is provided and all visitors must use this or the hand washing facilities upon entering and exiting the studio.
- If your child has their own mat, please do bring this along, however you are still able to borrow equipment which is disinfected after each use.
- Mats will be laid out ensuring there is adequate distance between all participants.
- All venues I teach at are regularly deep cleaned and I myself will see to the cleaning of mats, door handles, blocks etc.
- If your teen starts to show symptoms, please refrain from bringing them to the class. - For the time-being, no cash is being accepted, therefore all payments must be received prior to the session.
In the case of a national lockdown or further tier restrictions, classes will be moved online through Microsoft Teams, details of which will be communicated directly to the parents.
Yoga and mindfulness can be incredibly beneficial to children and teens as they go through the various stages of social, emotional and physical development.
- Improve fitness and physical health
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve optimism
- Improve focus and school performance
- Improve self-esteem and body image
- Encourage creativity
- Develop discipline and self-regulation
Looking back at my own teenage years, I know for certain Yoga would have helped me understand the changes I was going through and the anxiety I suffered. And in the year of 2020 with the Covid-19 pandemic, children and teens need that extra support now more than ever.
I am also very much hoping to provide for younger ones with particular needs, ensuring they included and treated with the same respect, dignity and compassion. My classes are inclusive to all however if you have specific concerns please feel free to get in touch.
I’ll be reaching out to schools in due course, but if you are interested and would like me to come to your school, feel free to get in touch.
As of January 2021, LAYD is looking forward to be providing Family Yoga sessions. One thing I think we all enjoyed the most of about 2020 was the chance to spend more time with family and reconnect with one another. As up until now, there haven’t been many opportunities for families to connect where one isn’t watching TV, on the phone or busy at work or school, and even when we do have a moment together, it isn’t always easy to decide how to spend it! Yoga is beneficial for all ages and the sessions are able to be tailored to suit your schedule and needs.
Through the Family Yoga sessions, LAYD will help to:
- Strengthen the family bond, on an emotional, physical and spiritual level.
- Create a sense of support within the family.
- Encourage parents to play and inspire creativity among the family members.
- Allow everyone to learn something new, demonstrating that parents are not in fact perfect with endless time, money or resources, bringing in a humanising quality to the parents, releasing them of expectations from the child.
- Allow families to relax together.
£40 per session (youngest child must be at least 2 years old)